Getting To The Point –

How to Tell if You Have an Earring Allergy

It has been approximated that close to three percent of men and seventeen percent of women have allergies that are brought about by wearing earrings. In case you pierced your ears recently and are experiencing some discomforts, it could be because of a nickel allergy. You might also experience some symptoms from an allergy after piercing your ears even though your earrings are not made of nickel. You might also realize that you have some allergy from other types of metals like the cobalt, chromium and stainless steel. In case that you have an allergy caused by some metal, it is a very easy thing to know after you have pierced your ears or any other part of the body.

You may have some signs which can be a notification that you are allergic to some metals and some of them include having a presence of some red bumps or rashes, itching in a severe manner or seeing a change on how your skin looks. The other signs that can tell you that you have some allergy are having a presence of blisters and dry patches on your skin. You need to understand that you are likely to experience these symptoms after a few hours or days after you have done some piercing or starting to wear a certain type of earrings. In most scenarios, the allergy symptoms stay at the same place where the piercing was done even though they also are likely to spread to some other parts of the body after some time.

In case the symptoms appear just after your ears have been pierced, it can be possible for you to treat them using home or over-the-counter remedies. If you do not see any improvements in the symptoms you have after you have used these remedies, it is necessary for you to contact a doctor. The doctor you choose should be one who can prescribe to you some stronger and better treatment options. In the event that you experience some signs of an infection, you should also make sure that you contact a doctor.

Some of the common signs of infection include experiencing some warmth, an increased redness in the affected area as well as having some fever. You may also experience some severe pain or have some pus in the area that has been affected. Clearing the infection on your own is never a good option. The best thing for you to do is seeking for help from a medical expert so that the infection can be prevented from spreading.